The Income Tax Department of India has made it easy for taxpayers to link their PAN with Aadhaar.
- Just go to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and click on the link on the left pane to link Aadhaar.
- Provide PAN, Aadhaar number, and ENTER NAME EXACTLY AS GIVEN IN AADHAAR CARD (avoid spelling mistakes) and submit.
- After verification from UIDAI, the linking will be confirmed.
- Please ensure that the date of birth and gender in PAN and Aadhaar are exactly same.
- There is no need to login or be registered on E-filing website. This facility can be used by anyone to link their Aadhaar with PAN.
- In case of any minor mismatch in Aadhaar name provided by you when compared to the actual data in Aadhaar, One Time Password (Aadhaar OTP) will be sent to the mobile registered with Aadhaar which has to be provided.
- In a rare case where Aadhaar name is completely different from name in PAN, then the linking will fail and taxpayer will be prompted to change the name in either PAN database or in Aadhaar.